Learning how to get a liquor license can help you avoid those risks while ensuring that your business booms. While the process can be complex, it is important to be familiar with the steps involved. If you are worried about filling out the paperwork properly, finding the right type of license to apply for, or simply do not have the time to devote to this task, hire a third-party service such as Beverage License Specialists to do this work on your behalf.
Broward County Liquor License
Types of Liquor Licenses Available in Broward County
There are many different types of liquor licenses available in the state of Florida. You first need to ask yourself what type of establishment you are running and what type of alcohol you want to sell. You also need to figure out if you may qualify for a special food service license, 4COP/SFS (formerly known as an SRX) license. This allows for the sale of beer, wine, and liquor at restaurants and foodservice establishments that meet certain conditions, including:
- Must be a bona fide restaurant
- In Broward County with the exception of the city of Tamarac
- You must have 2,500 s/f of gross floor area
- Equipped to serve meals to 150 patrons at one time
- Derives at least 51 percent of its gross food and beverage revenue from the sale of food and non-alcoholic beverages during the first 60-day operating period and each 12-month operating period thereafter.
- Full course meals must be available at all times alcohol is sold
- Additional information may be requested
SFS licenses are obtained directly from the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco and require an annual license fee of $1,820.00. If you do not qualify for one of these special restaurant licenses, there are still options available to you.
- 1COP – allows for the sale of beer only at a bar or restaurant, for an annual fee of $280
- 1APS – allows for the sale of beer only for package sales (off-premise consumption) for an annual fee of $140
- 2COP – allows for the sale of beer and wine at a bar or restaurant, for an annual fee of $392
- 2APS – allows for the sale of beer and wine for package sales (off-premise consumption) for an annual fee of $196
- 4COP – allows for the sale of beer, wine, and spirits at a bar or restaurant, for an annual fee of $1,820
- 3PS – allows for the sale of beer, wine, and spirits at a package liquor store, for an annual fee of $1,365
Quota Liquor Licenses
Quota Alcoholic Beverage Licenses can only be acquired from an existing licensee and based upon what type of business you are seeking to operate are issued as either a series 3PS (package sales) or that of a 4COP (consumption on premise).
Beverage License Specialists, with its vast experience and knowledge of the marketplace, can provide you with the information you need as well as locate a quota liquor license for you for the most favorable terms.
Completing the Application
Florida liquor license requirements are very strict. Exact steps depend on the type of application you need. For example, companies serving food need to get special approval from the Division of Hotels and Restaurants before filing their paperwork. Approval from the Department of Health may be required in other cases. Each form does ask for some similar information. In general, you can be expected to provide:
- Proof of fingerprinting
- Shareholder information
- Your arrest disposition if you or any named applicant has a criminal record
- The social security number of all applicants
- Business registration number
- Federal employer’s identification number
- Sketch of business space
- Copy of a lease or deed
Failure to file the application out in a timely manager and with the proper documentation may result in processing delays or the application may result in denial.
How Beverage License Specialists Can Help
Hiring a reputable organization is the best way to ensure your application is processed in a timely manner and you get the exact type of license you need. Here at Beverage License Specialists, we have over 30 years of experience helping clients like you get the Broward County liquor license or beer and wine license you need.
All of our license specialists are devoted to providing you with the best customer service possible. In addition, we enjoy building long-term relationships with our customers, treating them as more than just a file. You can trust Beverage License Specialists to keep you updated on the status of your application at all times.
Applying for a liquor license in Florida can be a challenging process. Thankfully, there is no need to complete these complex steps on your own. Consider contacting us online or giving us a call at 954-908-6012.
Our license specialists are eager to put their years of knowledge and experience to work, helping you get the license you need as expeditiously as possible.