For those planning to open their own business or establishment that sells alcohol, it's important to know how much a liquor license in Florida is going to cost you. Knowing how to get a liquor license is only half the battle; you also need to be sure that you have the proper fees available to pay for the application process. Learning about these costs in advance is the best way to budget for your license.
The answer to “how much does a liquor license cost in Florida” depends upon what type of license you are in need of, or qualify for. The prices of Quota Liquor Licenses vary per county and are purely and simply a function of the existing supply and demand within the county. If you are unsure about the type of license you need, contact a liquor licensing specialist for guidance and support.
Beer and Wine Licenses
There are several possible license types if you are interested in selling beer and wine. The specific annual license fees assessed by the state depend entirely on the population of the county you are seeking to operate.
- 1APS (Beer Packages Sales) - between $20 and $100, plus 40 percent of the fee
- 1COP (Beer Consumption on Premise) – between $40 and $200, plus 40 percent of the fee
- 2APS (Beer and Wine Package Sales) – between $60 and $140, plus 40 percent of the fee
- 2COP (Beer and Wine Consumption on Premise) – between $120 and $280, plus 40 percent of the fee
Beer, Wine, and Liquor Licenses
As with beer and wine licenses, each one of the beer, wine, and liquor licenses annual license fees are also based on population size in the county. In general, you can expect to pay:
- Beer, Wine, and Liquor Package Sales – 3PS licenses are $1,365; 3APS licenses are $1,170; 3BPS licenses are $975; 3CPS licenses are $643.50; and 3DPS licenses are $468
- Beer, Wine, and Liquor Consumption on Premise – 4COP licenses are $1,820; 5COP licenses are $1,560; 6COP licenses are $1,300; 7COP licenses are $858; and 8COP licenses are $624
Club and Special Licenses
There are additional special licenses made available by the state to those who operate or own clubs and other specific organizations that qualify for liquor licenses for specific purposes. The annual license fees for these are as follows:
- Lodges/Club License for Beer, Wine, and Liquor Consumption (11C) - $400
- Special Club License for Beer, Wine, and Liquor Consumption (11CS) - $1,750
- American Legion Club License for Beer, Wine, and Liquor Consumption (11AL) - $500
- Performance Arts License for Beer, Wine, and Liquor Consumption (11PA) - $400
- Private Golf Clubs Beer, Wine, and Liquor Consumption (11CG) - $400
- Caterer License for Beer, Wine, and Liquor Consumption (13CT) - $1,820
Business owners and entrepreneurs need to know what to expect when it comes to liquor license fees and costs in Florida. Learning this information early on in your development process is ideal so that you can incorporate liquor license pricing in your business plan.
Need Help with the Process? Contact Beverage License Specialists Today
The entire licensing process can be very complex, and if not done properly, your entire application could be denied. To save yourself time, and to avoid wasting money on the wrong form or incorrect applications, work with us at Beverage License Specialists.
We have over 30 years of experience in the industry, helping individuals and businesses like you to get the licenses they need without confusion or delay.
Source: Florida's Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco