Miami - Dade County Liquor License
If you want to run a business or event where alcohol is sold, it's important to consider getting your Miami-Dade County beer and wine license or liquor license. The process may be complicated and involves a lot of steps, but it is still important to educate yourself on the requirements in order for the application process to be successful. Those who are concerned about the process hitting a standstill or the license application being rejected, or who simply do not have the time for this level of paperwork, can contact a third-party service, such as Beverage License Specialists, to complete the application on their behalf.
Types of Liquor Licenses Available in Dade County
There are many types of beer and wine and liquor licenses available, so it’s important to know the differences between each type of license. If you accidentally file the wrong application, your application may be denied and you may have to start the process over again from the beginning. This can delay the process, so it is worth learning about each type of license available, along with the associated fees:
- 1COP – allows for the sale of beer only for on-premise consumption at a bar or restaurant for an annual fee of $280
- 1APS – allows for the sale of beer only for package sales/off-premise consumption for an annual fee of $140
- 2COP – allows for the sale of beer and wine for on-premise consumption at a bar or restaurant for an annual fee of $392
- 2APS – allows for the sale of beer and wine for package sales/off-premise consumption for an annual fee of $196
- 3PS – allows for the sale of beer, wine, and spirits at a package liquor store/off-premise consumption for an annual fee of $1,365
- 4COP – allows for the sale of beer, wine, and spirits for on-premise consumption at a bar or restaurant for an annual fee of $1,820
In addition, in order to obtain issuance of a temporary beer & wine license or liquor license as fast as possible, there are additional fees required by the DABT. The temporary license fees are as follows:
- New 1APS is $100
- New 2APS is $100
- New 1COP is $100
- New 2COP is $100
- New 3PS is $341.25
- New 4COP is $455
In Miami-Dade County, you may also qualify for a 4COP/SFS, formerly known as an SRX license. These licenses allow your restaurant to serve beer, wine, and spirits as long as the following conditions are met:
- You run a bona fide restaurant
- Depending upon the municipality, you will need to have a minimum of 2,500-4,000 square feet of space
- Again depending upon the specific municipality, you must be able to serve 150-200 patrons at a time
- At least 51 percent or greater of your gross sales must be derived from the sale of food and non-alcoholic beverages
Completing the Liquor License Application
When you are applying for a beer and wine license or liquor license, Florida has specific requirements that must be met. Most of these are mandatory, and fulfilling each step is critical to having your application processed quickly. While each step depends on the type of license you are applying for, there are a few common elements you are likely going to need to provide:
- Information about yourself as well as other officers, directors, and shareholders
- Any arrest history if you or any other applicant has a criminal record
- Social Security information for all applicants
- Your Florida document registration number
- Your company’s federal employer’s identification number
- A floor plan sketch of your business space
- Sales & Use tax registration with the Florida Dep. of Revenue
- Zoning approval from the municipality you are seeking to operate in
Depending on the type of establishment you are running, you may also need to get approval from the following agencies:
- Divisions of Hotels and Restaurants, for businesses that prepare and serve food such as bars and restaurants
- Department of Health, for businesses that do not prepare food
Failure to provide all of the information requested could result in the denial of your application. To ensure the highest likelihood that your application will be approved with no questions asked, it may be best to hire a third-party service to help you every step of the way.
How Can Beverage License Specialists Help
Obtaining a Miami-Dade County liquor license or beer and wine license can be complicated. If this information seems overwhelming, confusing, or simply too much work, there are ways to obtain a license without stress. We have over 30 years of experience making sure that clients like you obtain the licensing you to need to keep your business flourishing.
If you're looking to apply for a beer and wine license or liquor license, contact us at Beverage License Specialists to help you with your application.
We make sure that the right forms are filed, are sensitive to grand openings and deadlines, and ensure any follow-ups with officials from the city, county or the state are performed in a timely way. Give us a call or visit us online to learn more today.